Nalanda provides an optional facility for students to commute from home to school. This service is offered from various places to the school. The buses are operated by experienced & trained drivers/attendants to monitor the children's safe journey
The school tries to provide a safe and comfortable commuting of students from home to school and back.
It is also a social responsibility of providing transport facility, the following are the advantages of using the school transport:-
- School bus is very much safer than 3 wheelers which are mostly used.
- It is safer in security aspect also because more children travel together.
- It also helps to reduce the traffic.
- It also helps in curbing the pollution levels which are already alarmingly high in city.
- New buses specially equipped and fitted with speed governors, first-aid equipment etc.
- Younger children are accompanied by an ayah.
- All vehicles undergo periodic maintenance to keep them fit for road.
The travel time depends on the traffic. These buses are also used for educational tours.